Hear No Evil (Jack Swyteck Novel #4) (Large Print / Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 4 in the Jack Swyteck Novel series.
- #1: The Pardon (Jack Swyteck Novel #1) (Mass Market): Email or call for price
- #2: Beyond Suspicion (Jack Swyteck Novel #2) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #3: Last to Die (Jack Swyteck Novel #3) (Paperback): $23.95
- #5: Got the Look (Jack Swyteck Novel #5) (Large Print / Paperback): $24.95
- #6: When Darkness Falls (Jack Swyteck Novel #6) (Paperback): $14.95
- #7: Last Call: A Novel of Suspense (Jack Swyteck Novel #7) (Large Print / Paperback): $25.99
- #8: Born to Run: A Novel of Suspense (Jack Swyteck Novel #8) (Large Print / Paperback): Email or call for price
- #9: Afraid of the Dark: A Novel of Suspense (Jack Swyteck Novel #9) (Large Print / Paperback): $27.99
- #10: Blood Money (Jack Swyteck Novel #10) (Large Print / Paperback): $27.99
- #11: Black Horizon (Jack Swyteck Novel) (Hardcover): $25.99
- #12: Gone Again: A Jack Swyteck Novel (Paperback): $15.99
- #13: Most Dangerous Place: A Jack Swyteck Novel (Large Print / Paperback): $26.99
- #14: A Death in Live Oak: A Jack Swyteck Novel (Large Print / Paperback): $29.99
- #15: The Girl in the Glass Box: A Jack Swyteck Novel (Hardcover): $27.99
- #16: The Big Lie: A Jack Swyteck Novel (Paperback): $16.99
- #17: Twenty: A Jack Swyteck Novel (Large Print / Paperback): $29.99
Miami attorney Jack Swyteck is involved in the most explosive criminal trial of his career -- a case that starts with a murder on a military base and concludes with a shocking surprise that will change Jack's life forever.
A beautiful woman comes to see Jack and begs him to represent her. She says she's about to be arrested for the murder of her husband, an officer stationed at Guantanamo Bay. Having no expertise in military law and sensing that the woman isn't telling him the entire truth, Jack turns her down. Then she drops a bombshell: She claims she's the adoptive mother of Jack's biological son -- a child he's never met. Either Jack must represent her or he'll never see the boy.
So Jack agrees, but with great foreboding. He has an unreliable client -- a blackmailer who just might be a murderer -- and he has to travel to Gitmo and on to Havana to tussle with people who clearly have a lot to hide. This is a case with as many twists and turns as it has unanswered questions, and the personal toll on Jack won't end until he's forced to confront the ultimate surprise witness in a trial that rocks the city of Miami.
In signature Grippando style, Hear No Evil is an intricate, fast-paced, and captivating thriller that will keep you guessing until the very end.
About the Author
James Grippando is a New York Times bestselling author of suspense. He was a trial lawyer for twelve years before the publication of his first novel, The Pardon, in 1994. He is now counsel at the law firm of Boies Schiller Flexner LLP and an adjunct professor of law and modern literature at the University of Miami School of Law. His novels are enjoyed world-wide in twenty-eight languages, and his novel Gone Again won the 2017 Harper Lee Prize in Legal Fiction. He lives in South Florida.
“Grippando’s Jack Swyteck series is one of those rare finds.”
— Contra Costa Times
“A well-focused, perfectly organized legal thriller. . . . Exciting.”
— Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel
“A tight, smartly constructed mystery that will keep readers on the edge of their seats.”
“[Grippando] keeps his tale moving.”
— Kirkus Reviews
“Lapel-grabbing....This character-driven, intricately plotted thriller will keep readers guessing up to the end.”
— Publishers Weekly
— Atlanta Journal-Constitution
“A first-rate mystery.”
— Orlando Sentinel